There are lots of projects popping out, but Theta is definitely one of the interesting ones. This project features a decentralized content delivery platform. There are quite a few compelling reasons why you should be interested in this project.
Ten Reasons To Buy Theta
1. The Theta Network is a decentralized content delivery platform. It provides open-source decentralized streaming services. The team’s vision is to provide users high-quality video streams without buffering and at the lowest cost. The popularity of the project has been skyrocketing, and it ranked in the top ten coins on Lunar Crush.
2. It is one of the leading video delivery networks on the blockchain. It allows users to watch video content and earn token rewards for relaying videos to other users. Additionally, users can use their Network on any PC, mobile device, or smart TV. It provides video delivery and streaming infrastructure for eSports, movies, education, enterprise conferencing, peer-to-peer streaming, and more.
3. Users can watch the Theta-powered Android TV channel and earn TFUEL tokens through their THETA.tv Android app. This means that any smart TV is now integrated with Theta, along with Android TV set-top boxes, including Amazon Fire TV stick, etc.
It is the network’s main streaming service. Users can view and post their videos from here. This dApp will be available on Samsung Galaxy phones. The THETA.tv dApp mints and shares native non-fungible tokens (NFTs) with their fans for content creation.
5. Theta Wallet
The Wallet has a user-friendly interface and can be set up without any hassle. It supports the sending, receiving, and staking of coins. It comes with high-security features, and the wallet is built by THETA Labs.
6. Its Wallet Chrome extension is also available for use on mobile and the web, combining the use of MetaMask and the functionality of Theta Wallet. Additionally, this new extension offers a great user experience for desktop users.
7. Their video delivery stack allows users to reduce their video delivery cost, while increasing watch time and video engagement. It also increases revenue for the video platforms by integrating them into their platform. Theta’s P2P Edge network is run by thousands of community members, without a single central server, which is a huge accomplishment.
8. Theta Network
The network supports the invention of decentralized apps (dApps). SLIVER.tv is the first dApp that was launched on the network. To improve the quality of stream delivery, Theta leverages the security and efficiency of Ethereum, along with also combining with various other technologies.
9. Theta introduces a new model of the proof-of-stake consensus mechanism known as Multi-Level BFT. This type of consensus mechanism is much faster than proof-of-work systems. The Multi-level BFT mechanism utilizes a small set of nodes to hasten the approvals.
10. Its network features a dual token design. The governance token of the Theta protocol is THETA.
Theta Fuel (TFUEL) is similar to the gas used in the Ethereum network. It is an ERC-20 token and is being used as the reward token of the Theta network. Users can earn new TFUEL by staking and running a node. TFUEL permits on-chain operations like payments to relayers for the video stream sharing, deploying, or interacting with smart contracts.
The platform’s co-founder and chief executive officer, Mitch Liu, is a well-renowned innovator in the blockchain industry. The Theta advisory board is composed of leaders like the co-founder of YouTube, Steve Chen, and Justin Kan, the co-founder of the gaming streaming platform, Twitch.
Check out the Official 24/7 @nasa TV channel on the decentralized Theta Edge Network! Set up your own Edge Node and start watching and earning TFUEL here:https://t.co/wYLVKZSzRG pic.twitter.com/MnpZWZf3d2
— Theta Network (@Theta_Network) December 30, 2020
Theta Top Partnerships
- KardiaChain andTheta Network joined hands to integrate live streaming and eSports on the blockchain. Vietnam predicts ten million eSports players in 2021, and live streaming is a major e-commerce channel at THETAtv.
- They also launched a video on demand (VOD) library for NASA on THETAtv. By using this service, users can explore the universe by watching the variety of NASA launches, operations, and programs. Recently, they hosted the latest SpaceX rocket launch on THETAtv.
- Google has announced itself as Theta’s preferred cloud provider. Interestingly, with this news, Theta Labs’ active user base is growing. Moreover, this has helped them expand their partnerships.
- Shout! Factory, a media company, announced that it will be bringing its Shout! Factory TV and 24/7 live channels to the Theta Network.
- LINE Tech Plus, a subsidiary of LINE Corporation of Japan, is launching a new video service targeting users of Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, and other parts of Southeast Asia. LINE is the most popular Japanese instant messenger app with more than 200 million users.
- Theta and Chainlink are striving together to fight against video advertising scams that often pop up promoting “cryptocurrency giveaway” dupes. This helps users to get a reputation score based on their viewership.
TFUEL and Binance
- Binance’s premier global eSports tournament, The Battle of Asia 2020, is sponsored by Theta Network. Binance is going to utilize its blockchain technology to stream all the matches worldwide on Binance.com and Theta.tv. Furthermore, they are inviting everyone to share their bandwidth to earn TFUEL. Furthermore, BNB is integrating a custom Theta video player, interactive chat, and more on its exclusive page of the Binance.com website.
- To ensure only legitimate users can request video segments of specified licensed content, their development team integrated Microsoft’s DRM service into their protocol. This enables any Theta content partner to deliver live and on-demand encrypted content.
- To enter the Japanese market, Theta Lab partnered with Gumi Cryptos. This business development’s goal is to enable Theta to inject their technology into Japanese media companies.
Theta features an inventory of corporate investors, such as Samsung NEXT, Sony Innovation Fund, BDMI-Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments, and CAA-Creative Artists Agency. Besides this, they also list traditional Silicon Valley VCs including DCM, Sierra Ventures, and the VR Fund.
Theta Network (THETA) was, at the time of publication, trading at $1.84. It has a maximum supply of 1 billion THETA coins. The top exchanges for trading in THETA are currently Binance, Huobi Global, OKEx, and Upbit.
Recently, Theta made an all-time high of $2.50. According to Fibonacci levels, it is holding at 61.8% level, which is around $1.75. If it holds between $1.50 to $1.75 and breakout above, then it can make a new ATH of around $3.50.
Theta is a leading decentralized content delivery platform with a team working on its global expansion. If its adoption increases with more partnerships, then it can be the future of live streaming.
Join us on Telegram to receive free trading signals.
For more information on cryptocurrency, visit the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
Featured image courtesy of Theta Network.
The information discussed by Altcoin Buzz is not financial advice. This is for educational and informational purposes only. Any information or strategies are thoughts and opinions relevant to accepted levels of risk tolerance of the writer/reviewers and their risk tolerance may be different than yours. We are not responsible for any losses that you may incur as a result of any investments directly or indirectly related to the information provided.
Do your own due diligence and rating before making any investments and consult your financial advisor. The researched information presented we believe to be correct and accurate however there is no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness, completeness. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are high-risk investments so please do your due diligence. Copyright Altcoin Buzz Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.